Oh, so Simple and Oh, so Tasty!
This one is so easy. But it’s funny so many don’t know how to cook rice, especially using the absorption method.
Its an easy 2:1 ratio really. I commonly use my rice cooker because I can just leave it on warm and don’t have to worry about it burning or going cold.
But this simple method is an important one when you don’t have these tools at your disposal and you need to get the hoard feed.
We make coconut rice every week, without fail. It has so much fragrance and flavour and I have been known to just top a bowl with kechup manis and call it a meal. lol
It goes perfect with a good curry or just some baked fish (like Aldi’s side of Salmon… so yum! In the freezer section, worth the $26 for 1kg piece hands down!)
It’s good one to have in your repertoire and an easy one to whip up when you have a can of coconut cream or milk just sitting in the cupboard too. Making boring rice, not so boring anymore!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk / Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Rice*
- Place water and milk into a heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add rice stir, place on lid and reduce to lowest heat setting for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes leaving lid on.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve.
- *image shows using a long grain white rice.
What regular meal or side do you make every week?
Do you have a favourite rice dish you make or accompaniment to rice?
Other Simple Sides: