Thanks to everyone for all the feedback you have been getting on my Simple Salad Series.
It’s been wonderful hearing your messages and that your enjoying these recipes as much as I do making and creating them. Obviously being Sunday again means I have another tantalising salad for you… you thought last weeks Smoked Chicken Slaw with Goddess Dressing was good. Well this one… lets just say hubby and I debated on who got to eat the last of this morsely goodness.
We have all created or at least heard of a Pumpkin Salad, there are lots different ones going around usually with the addition of fetta. Which is very yummy but I like to change things up a bit and with my lactose issues I really would prefer not to take a tablet if I don’t need to, more left for ice-cream you see… priorites lol.
Anyway I wanted to have a salad that still shone in its own light. So I thought a delicious pairing would be pomegranate, the sweet pearls burst in your mouth. A delicious accompaniment to the sweet roasted pumpkin, the peppery bite in the rocket and those walnuts are just earthy and round tying it altogether.
Then the dressing OMG! So simple yet just the right balance for me, I have an alternative of maple syrup instead of honey for the Vegan’s or those with allergies. I won’t lie though I haven’t done this version yet,so let me know how it goes, I’m eager to try it next time as maple anything is delicious. Although hubby was sold on the honey…
So without further adieu this is my Pumpkin & Pomegranate Salad with Honey Dressing.
PS: Sorry I have no ingredient pic this week… I totally forgot to take it before I started baking… So you’ll have to use your imagination with the ingredients card… sorry guys!
- 1/2 small Jap Pumkin - Diced into cubes
- 1 cup Roasted Walnuts
- 120g (or 2 packets) Rocket Leaves
- 1 Pomegranate - kernels removed
- 1tbsp Honey*
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Verjuice
- Salt & Pepper
- Place Pumpkin on an lightly oiled tray. Season with salt & pepper and place in a moderate over of 180c (350F / Gas Mark 4) and bake for 25-30min or until golden and thoroughly cooked.
- Set cooked pumpkin aside to cool.
- Meanwhile place rocket leaves in a bowl, scatter over pomegranate kernels and Roasted Walnuts.
- For dressing mix together honey, oil, verjuice, salt & pepper.
- Add Pumpkin to bowl along with dressing and mix gently. Enjoy!
- To remove pomegranate kernels, halve the pomegranate and hold placed over a bowl cut side down. With a wooden spoon hit the back of the pomegranate and the kernels will just fall into the bowl.
- *Vegan Alternative - Use Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup in replacement of honey.
I do hope your enjoying my Simple Salad Series!
Please pop by again next week for another Yumtastic recipe!
Whats your ALL TIME FAVOURITE salad?
Do you have a ‘go to’ salads recipe you take to a BBQ or friends place?
What would be your take on this Simple Salad?
Other recent posts: