Happy Sunday everyone!
Here again to share with you another Yumtastic recipe from my Simple Salad Series…
This one I’ve nicked from my MIL repertoire and its crazily simple, but oh so YUMMY!
Its a great one as you can make it at least a day in advanced and it keeps in the fridge for a bit, so its great for when you a little strapped for time and also great as a fridge staple to pair it with some other yummy eats!
The great thing with Cauliflower is that its near to an all season veg. In NSW/sydney its seasonal in August Winter Spring, so it gets a good workout and we know what seasonal means… cheap. Generally if you opt for seasonal it’s less expensive. So why not make a Simple Salad with something thats readily available at a low cost. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1/2 Spanish Onion - sliced
- Parsley Leaves - diced
- 3 tbsp of White Wine Vinegar
- 4 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut cauliflower florets into quarters and place in boiling water.
- Meanwhile place sliced onion in bowl top with dressing to partially pickle the onion.
- Once cauliflower is tender remove and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Add cauliflower to onion, top with parsley leaves and mix. Enjoy!
- Tip: Salad can be prepared in advanced. Flavours will develop and intensify.
I do hope your enjoying my Simple Salad Series!
Please pop by again next week for another Yumtastic recipe!
Whats your ALL TIME FAVOURITE salad?
Do you have a ‘go to’ salads recipe you take to a BBQ or friends place?
What would be your take on this Simple Salad?
Other recent posts: