It’s Sunday again, Yay!
Sunday is such a fabulous day isn’t it? Laze in or relaxed with family, friends or some quiet time for yourself perhaps, if you lucky.
But what it also means is it’s time for me to share another Yumtastic recipe from my Simple Salad Series…
Today its all about the beloved Beetroot!
I LOVE Beetroot! Its such a delicious vegetable, I am happy to have it however I can get it. Baked, boiled, canned, fresh whichever is fine by me.
But in a salad is just amazing. The sweet cool morsels make every bite totally more-ish and this simple salad (that I nicked from my girlfriend) does not disappoint!
Partnered with lentils, basil, balsamic dressing and topped with some creamy goats feta and roasted lentils. It’s very tasty!
To keep this one simple I have used both canned baby beets and canned organic lentils. I have provided an alternative in the recipe card to to cook your own fresh beets and lentils of choice (french or green/brown). But these two things will take time. Especially cooking the beets, which are also messy, but they are quite nice fresh.
You can do like me and do a half simple, half effort version. I cook the lentils but used the canned beets to save on mess and time. I tend to cook my lentils because I like them to have just a bit more ‘bite’ in them then the canned… but its personal preference really.
Have a go, I hope you enjoy!
Less simple ingredients…
- 425g can Baby Beets
- 400g can Brown Lentils
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Roasted Pine Nuts
- Basil Leaves
- Goats Milk Feta
- Salt & Pepper
- Drain baby beets and lentils thoroughly.
- Place lentils in a bowl and cut baby beets into quarters or cubes add to bowl.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and olive oil and drizzle over beets and lentils. Tare basil leaves over bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently
- Place on a serving plate, top with crumbled goats mil feta and roasted pine nuts.
- *Replace canned beets with fresh beets - boil/steam whole for approx 45-60min or until tender. (remember to peel using gloves).
- *Replace canned lentils with 1 cup of french lentils or green/brown lentils - cook as per packet instructions (approx 30min).
I do hope your enjoying my Simple Salad Series!
Please pop by again next week for another Yumtastic recipe!
Whats your ALL TIME FAVOURITE salad?
Do you have a ‘go to’ salads recipe you take to a BBQ or friends place?
Other recent posts: