It’s Simple Salad time again! and time for me to share another Yumtastic recipe from my Simple Salad Series…
Todays all about textures and crispy fresh flavours.
I am a fan of cous cous and its simple light nature. The fact that I can pour some hot water over it in a bowl, cover, sit and you have a side ready to go. So when I picked up this israeli pearl cous cous (for all of $1.80) I knew it had a simple salad recipe written all over it.
This type of CousCous you actually do need to cook. But it only takes 4 minutes, so its pretty simple. I wanted to make a salad with fresh clean flavours, full of textures and with lots of interest in every mouth full.
So I created my Apple with Honey Macadamias in Pearl Cous Cous featuring granny smith apples for crispness, mint for freshness, honey macadamia’s for sweetness and crunch, partnered with the silky pearls of cous cous… Sensation overload!
- 1 1/2 cups Pearl CousCous
- 1 Apple - sliced
- 50g Honey Macadamia nuts
- Mint Leaves
- Sharp & Crumbly Cheddar
- 3 tbsp Verjuice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Juice 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook Pearl Cous Cous as per packet instructions. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Place sliced apple in a bowl and dress with tbsp of the lemon juice.
- For the dressing place remaining juice, verjuice, olive oil, pepper and salt in a small jug/bowl and whist together.
- Add couscous, mint, macadamias and dressing to the sliced apples. Toss together.
- Crumble cheddar over and toss gently.
- Present on a plate and serve.
I do hope your enjoying my Simple Salad Series!
Please pop by again next week for another Yumtastic recipe!
Whats your ALL TIME FAVOURITE salad?
Do you have a ‘go to’ salads recipe you take to a BBQ or friends place?
What would be your take on this Simple Salad?
Other recent posts: